Although California has a string of beaches in its golden coastline, you can’t deny that some are more popular than others. For example, Malibu Beach attracts plenty of crowds and tourists on any given day.
If you’re looking for an underrated beach in Southern California, head over to Ventura County and discover the stunning strip that is Hollywood Beach. If that’s not enough to convince you, we’ve rounded up the best things about this SoCal beauty.
- Hollywood Beach is usually not on the itinerary of tourists. If you’re a sun worshipper who wants to enjoy some down time in the beach without the hordes of picture-taking tourists, Hollywood Beach is perfect.
Although it’s far from being unknown, Hollywood Beach is not often included in tourist itineraries. The people you’ll mostly encounter frolicking in this white sand beach are true-blue locals.
- Hollywood Beach is the very definition of “chill.” Whether you’re looking forward to a golden tan, quality time with your friends and loved ones, or looking to meet new people, Hollywood Beach is the perfect place for you to chill.
- Hollywood Beach is pet-friendly. Some of us just can’t seem to be separated from our furry friends for long. Open to pooches even before 9 in the morning, Hollywood Beach offers a great place for you and your four-legged best friend to enjoy some quality time. You can even go stargazing with your dog or watch the sun set as dogs are also allowed in the beach after 5 pm. Just make sure to pick up after your dog and not let them pee in the water.
- On Wednesdays we eat great fare from food trucks. If you’re a lover of street food and a fan of what food trucks can offer, come by Hollywood Beach on a Wednesday and sample some of the goodies. After lining up and getting your food, sit down and have a little picnic.
If you’re looking for more food options, however, Hollywood Beach is also home to plenty of restaurants where you can find fresh seafood.
- The best powdery white sand in Ventura County, and perhaps even in SoCal. Hollywood Beach boasts a stretch of fine white sand so soft you’ll want to roll around in it. Aside from being powdery and pristine, Hollywood Beach is well looked-after by locals, keeping the place clean and pretty.
Here’s a fun fact! Hollywood Beach has stood in for various locations in movies since the 1920s. The lovely dunes of Hollywood Beach was featured in “The Sheik,” a 1921 film by Rudolph Valentino, and “Bound in Morocco,” a film by Douglas Fairbanks.
- The beach houses in Hollywood Beach are to die for. If you’re looking for inspiration for your beachfront home, you need only stroll around Hollywood Beach and take a look at its collection of chic beach homes. If Lady Luck is on your side, you might even get to be the proud owner of one. For more information about Hollywood Beach real estate, contact me directly at 805-509-0802.
Hollywood Beach in Oxnard, CA has plenty of opportunities for potential home buyers and sellers. Contact me today for more in-depth information about the area.